Before we dive into how to use scented wax melts lets start with a basic most question, what are wax melts?
A great way to make sense of what wax melts are is to imagine a scented candle without a wick. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and scents.
Much like scented candles, wax melts do give off a pleasant scent at room temperature, but they are best used warm, which causes them to melt and release a more potent aroma.
A wax warmer can facilitate this melting!
Wax warmers come in a vast variety of colors and shapes which is useful when you’re looking for one that will compliment the décor of your home!
One of the benefits of wax melts is what they enable you to do with them. You’re able to experiment with different combinations of scents.
Mixing and matching can be a great way to develop a brand new and original scent for your home.
Try a few of these exciting combinations:
- Chai and vanilla
- Peppermint and pine
- Coconut and almond
- Apple and rose
- Vanilla and jasmine
- Chamomile and lavender
- Chocolate and cherry
- Cinnamon and apple
- Vanilla and orange
- Peppermint and lemongrass
- Honeysuckle and peach
- Jasmine and basil
- Mango, orange, and lime
- Close, sandalwood, and honey
- Lavender and ylang-ylang
- Allspice and vanilla
- Strawberry and kiwi
- Spring rain and sunflower
- French vanilla and black coffee
- Orange clove and harvest spice
- Rose, lavender and vanilla
- Lilac, vanilla and blueberry
- Vanilla and musk
- Strawberry, vanilla and pina colada
- The sky is the limit!
Have fun experimenting and finding a unique fragrance for your home…
Do Wax Melts Evaporate?
It may seem counter-intuitive if you’re a candle lover, but wax melts do not actually evaporate in the same way candles do.
Instead, their aroma will slowly dissipate after being warmed several times, but the wax itself will remain.
The natural next question is how to use the old wax if you’d prefer not just to pitch ’em.
Here are several tips on how to use wax that has lost its lovely scent:
1. If you have a drawer in your kitchen that catches when you open or close it, using a little wax on the rails can make for a smooth glide.
2. If you’re a camper or survivalist, you can actually make a nifty fire starter using dryer lint and old wax. Dryer lint is exceptionally flammable, and the wax helps it to burn longer.
3. When the ends of your shoelaces become frayed, you can melt some wax onto them and roll the wax between your thumb and finger to make a new tip.
4. Melt the old wax into any shape you’d like using a mold and use the unique form as a decorative piece in your home. (Great for the mantle!)
5. Zippers on coats, jeans, tents, and sleeping bags sometimes get worn out and stick. Rubbing some wax on the zipper makes it glide smoothly again.
6. You can use old wax to fix ding and dents in wood furniture or wood floors. Just run some wax on the scratch, and you’re good to go!
7. If you want to let your internal Victorian character out, you can utilize used wax as an old-school letter seal! Drip a few dabs of wax on an envelope and stamp it with a wax seal stamp.
How To Use Wax Melts Without Burner?
The undisputed best use for your wax melts is to melt the wax, thus releasing the aroma.
However, let’s say you were gifted some wax melts, and although the idea seems nice, you don’t necessarily want to invest into a burner. (Although, they are very affordable!)
One alternative you can use to make use of your wax melts is to use a pan on the stove.
Warm a small bit of water in a medium-sized pot, and then place a smaller pot within the water and place your wax in the smaller pan.
This is a great way to enjoy the aroma without a burner or warmer still.
Just be advised that when the wax dries it re-hardens, and it can be challenging to clean the smaller pan.
A great solution to this issue is to line the smaller pan with tin foil.
Can You Use Wax Melts With Oil Burners?
Since wax warmers and oil warmers use a similar technique to warm their contents, it is entirely possible to use a warmer for wax even if it was specially designed for oil.
You may find that the hardened wax in your oil warmer melts again after being rewarmed and mixes with your oil.
This isn’t a terrible issue, but if the two aromas are not entirely compatible, you may find yourself with a not-so-pleasant odor.
Can You Use Wax Melts To Make Candles?
You can absolutely make candles out of wax melts.
Most major stores or pharmacies sell coated candle wicks that you can purchase.
Once you melt the wax, you can pour it into whatever container you’d like and place the wick in the wax.
As the wax dries, it will secure the wick which you can then light like a regular store bought candle.
There are a lot of creative containers you can use to pour your wax in.
A popular option is mason jars, but you can also use tea cups, coffee mugs, glass cups, tin jars, etc.
Truly the sky is the limit as long as the container will not melt or catch fire!
We hope you’re feeling inspired and in-the-know when it comes to all things wax melts.
The range of uses and ‘re-uses’ for such a simple thing is incredible, and the fact that you can make up a brand new scent by combining two or more is an exciting idea!
Gifts can comprise of cakes, flowers, gadgets OR combos like cakes and flowers, chocolates and flowers, dry fruits and flowers, fresh fruits and flowers and other delectable offerings.
If you are really worried about what to buy as a perfect gift for your loved ones this festive season, aromatherapy diffusers and essential oils can be the best option to check.
No wonder, varied types of these gifts for… Continue reading...
In the world of high technology, chemicals, synthetics and their side effects; the way to connect with nature looks bleak and is seldom possible.
All thanks to Nebulizing diffusers that have made it much easier for us to get the healing therapy of nature through pure organic essential oils.
Why Use A Nebulizing Diffuser?
According to a recent report published in a daily fitness… Continue reading...
Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser is basically a device used for diffusing essential oils into a room (at your home or office area).
These helps in making the overall atmosphere soothing and pleasant. Also it helps in relaxing one’s mind and soul by delivering the healing benefits of aromatherapy.
If you are planning to buy a good aromatherapy diffuser, do not take any risk in your selection as it… Continue reading...